Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

Day 1 at SLIG - #SLIGExperience

We're off and learning!
And we're off! The DNA classroom was hopping this morning as everyone was getting themselves acclimated to our week-long rigorous coursework. And I do mean rigorous!

There were lots of new concepts, new software, new resources and the exciting possibilities of new clues, new research paths and new skills!

I had not reviewed the description of the DNA course last year and so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that this year's DNA course is a brand new concept. This new course combines learning the skills of DNA research and applying the Genealogical Proof Standards to that research.


I learned today that all the DNA testing companies do things a little differently. Thus, when you are trying to pull results from multiple testing companies, it's not a quick and easy process. But we are assured that the end result will be worth our blood, sweat, and tears.


I'm looking forward to looking at the DNA test results with a fresh lens. Like everyone else, I have a lot of brick walls in the families I am researching. Using new tools and analyzing that data with new skills, I hope to break through those brick walls in a big way!

Bring on Day 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment