Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2015

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - December 14 - Christmas Cookies

I have many great memories of Christmas baking with my mom, sisters and sister-in-laws. It was an annual event until my mother's Alzheimer's interfered. We would make dozens and dozens of cookies from morning until night. It was fun but exhausting.

Now I usually make just a few kinds of bars and a few kinds of cookies. I also occasionally make caramels or peanut brittle, and there are usually a few different kinds of Chex Mix. The last few years I have been adapting some recipes to make them gluten-free as my husband can no longer have flour. My experiments have been fairly successful, if I do say so myself.

The recipes below, though, are the original recipes and are not gluten-free.










"The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.”



No comments:

Post a Comment