Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Memories - The Red Tuxedo


My previous post mentions two Christmas Eve memories, one of which was the unexpected premature birth of my son, Josh in 1978. His lowest weight was 2 pounds 7 ounces, and he came home at 6 weeks old weighing just 4 ½ pounds. We were so fortunate that he had no major difficulties and was able to come home after such a short stay.


He was small for his age and so at 1 year old, he weighed only 15 pounds. On his first birthday, Christmas Eve 1979, we spent the evening at my parents' farm. Josh wore a red tuxedo I bought for the occasion. He looked very dapper and he posed quite readily for pictures. My favorite was a picture with my father.



I saved that red tuxedo and when my first grandson, Jaiden, was born, he also wore it for Christmas Eve celebrations. It was very special to see that red tuxedo being worn again 23 years later in 2002.


The pictures above and to the right are images of pages as a part of a scrapbook I made for Josh. It is so special for me to see Josh holding his nephew wearing the same outfit he wore 23 years earlier. It was especially fun to see my father holding his first great-grandson wearing the same outfit.  Jaiden was quite bit larger at birth and so he was only 2 months old when he wore that same outfit.




And so it was indeed exciting for me to be able to see Josh's firstborn, a son named Soren, wear the same red tuxedo on his first visit to his great-grandfather. Soren was born in early October and is 2 ½ months old. At left you see my son, Josh, with his wife, Amy, their son, Soren, and my father.

Below are my husband and I, joined by Josh, Soren and my dad.

The red tuxedo, thirty-six years later, is now being worn by the son of its original owner. And it was so special to be able to share it with my father, almost 90 years old. This season is made extra special by this special memory shared through several generations.




*** Happy Holidays and Special Memories to All!! ***




"The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.”

No comments:

Post a Comment